Clinical and Operations Manager (headspace)
Broken Hill, NSW
- Interested in establishing and growing a new service that is part of a well established national initiative?
- Seeking to combine your clinical and operational management skills?
- Wanting a Mon-Fri role to ensure a healthy work/life balance?
Flourish Australia has collaborated with the other local services to form headspace in Broken Hill.
We are seeking a motivated and passionate Clinical and Operations Manager to lead the development of the new headspace Broken Hill centre.
The position is Full-time working Mon-Fri with Tax-Free Salary Packaging including a motor vehicle and relocation assistance if required.
About the Opportunity
As the headspace Broken Hill Clinical and Operations Manager you will work under the direction of the Senior Clinical Manager, headspace Cluster and will lead the development, implementation and the future growth of headspace Broken Hill. You will also be responsible for overseeing and managing the headspace Broken Hill service and integrating it into the current service system in a diverse and regional geographical area.
We are seeking a highly motivated and dynamic person to facilitate excellence in integrated holistic health care, with the goal of improving outcomes for young people who access the service and the wider community.
One in four young people have experienced a mental health issue in the past 12 months – a higher prevalence than all other age groups. Alarmingly, suicide is the leading cause of death of young people, accounting for one third of all deaths. headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to 12-25 year olds, along with assistance in promoting young peoples’ wellbeing. This covers four core areas: mental health, physical health, work and study support and alcohol and other drug services.
More information about headspace can be found at: www.headspace.org.au
About headspace and Flourish Australia
RichmondPRA is now Flourish Australia. Our new name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
Flourish Australia is one of the larger providers of recovery-oriented mental health services in Australia. We offer a range of services to meet the different needs of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue in the community. This ranges from places that provide individual and group support and activities, to dedicated programs for specific areas of need
headspace Broken Hill is an initiative funded by the Western NSW Primary Health Network (PHN). The headspace initiative is designed to provide early intervention services for young people (12 – 25 yrs) in the areas of health and mental health, as well as vocation/education support and alcohol and other drug interventions.
headspace Broken Hill will provide young people with the opportunity to seek help early. headspace Broken Hill brings together local health services under the one roof making it easier for young people and their families to find the information and support they need. Please note that this position is employed by Flourish Australia who is the lead agency for headspace Broken Hill.
The service is based on a commitment by all agencies involved to work in partnership to improve outcomes for young people aged 12-25 years (and their families) affected by mental health and/or alcohol and other drug (AOD) issues. The shared principles of a person-centred, community orientated approach will deliver sensitive, accessible and quality services for the target group.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Occupational Therapy or other allied health discipline with current AHPRA registration. For Social Work eligibility for membership with AASW. For Psychology, Masters degree or higher in Clinical Psychology.
- Three to five years experience and demonstrated skills in clinical supervision and training others to deliver a broad range of clinical interventions in the management of young people experiencing mental health issues.
- Relevant post registration clinical experience in mental health in a community setting.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to manage and develop operational systems for a health or community services organisation.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively engage in leadership and management processes, including multidisciplinary and/or cross sector initiatives, and partnerships with a wide range of professionals, organisations and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of accountability systems, and continuous quality improvement processes.
- Knowledge of Broken Hill/Western NSW youth / health sectors.
- Post graduate qualifications in business or health services management.
For further information, please contact Tom Traae, Clinical and Operations Manager E: firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
About the Benefits
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging including a motor vehicle
- Relocation assistance available
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Generous leave provisions, including paid parental leave
- Career development opportunities
Successful applicants will be appointed subject to a national criminal record check, a Working with Children Check and checks with work related referees.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete all the questions asked. You will then be required to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Applications must be submitted online BEFORE 30th June 2017,5pm through the APPLY function.
Applications can not be accepted via email.